In order to qualify for our drone plans, you will need to follow the instructions below.
Each time you fly your DJI Drone, a flight log is recorded and saved on the mobile device running DJI GO or DJI GO 4. If you have not received your drone yet, or have not flown yet, please do so before attempting the directions below. Your account is placed on hold until we can verify your drone is operational.
Steps to retrieve the TXT flight logs from an Apple device:
Connect your device to a computer via a USB cable and go to “DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord” (for DJI GO) or “DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord” (for DJI GO 4).
Note: If you’re using Litchi, you’ll find the logs in the “LitchiApp/flightlogs” folder.
Note: If the log files are not visible, then install and run SD Refresh or restart your mobile device.
Connect your remote controller to a computer via a USB cable and go to “DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord”. If needed, you can find detailed below.
1) Connect a USB cable between your computer and the micro USB port on the back of the remote controller.
2) Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the “USB connected” message.
3) Tap the down arrow on the bottom, left of the screen to reveal the “TURN ON USB STORAGE” button.
4) Tap the “TURN ON USB STORAGE” button.
5) Tap “OK” to confirm you want to enable USB storage.
6) The following screen should appear when USB storage mode has been enabled:
7) Copy/move the files to your computer like you do when connecting other external devices.
Note: The DJI GO flight logs can be found in “DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord”. Cached videos can be found in “DJI\dji.pilot.pad\DJI_RECORD”.
8) Locate the folder titled “FlightRecords” and right click, select “Compress” to zip the file. The zip file will be what you need to send to CertaDrone via this form.